An alternative to our proven "RK" and "KIG" Manhole Clamps which feature the flexibility to grab a range of I.D. sizes, the MBG will work on only one size product but will grab both barrels and cones.
The MBG Manhole Clamp is designed for quick, easy and safe transportation of manhole risers, bases and cones. Like our other mechanical clamps, the MBG features true automatic operation: the forklift operator remains in the cab, lowering the MBG onto the product without aid; upon immediate lifting, the MBG automatically grips the product. After the product is set down, the clamp automatically releases and the driver is immediately off to pick another piece. Results include significant reductions in truck loading times and manufacturing area "clear-out" times.
- Safety. Forklift operators accomplish all handling operations without leaving the truck.
- Reduced damage to the product.
- Reduced labor costs - reduced handling times.
- Fully automatic clamping and release for maximum efficiency.
- Our "Auto Clamp & Release Switch" is the most reliable in the industry. This same switch design is used on our clamps with capacities exceeding 50,000 lbs.
- Specifically designed for heavy-duty work in the concrete construction industry.
- Tubular construction of light weight, high tensile steel.
- High strength-to-weight ratio.
- Fully Mechanical Operation
- Simple and reliable with low maintenance requirements.
- Fork Sleeve included - Can also be equipped with a crane eye.
Model MBG Specifications
Gripping Range (non-adjustable): 48" I.D. with Wall Thickness of 5" to 5.5" (other sizes available)
Carrying/Lifting Capacity: 6,600 Lbs.
Dead Weight: 640 Lbs.
Max. Cone Height: please call
To work properly on cones, the cone, whether eccentric or concentric, must have a straight vertical wall on the bottom of at least 6" in height.