The PWG-S Series of Hydraulic Clamps are designed to rotate pipe, manhole bases and other structures safely and without damage. The PWG Clamp can be attached to an overhead crane or to a fork truck. Products are securely gripped by parallel arms and lifted while standing vertical, then hydraulically rotated 90° or 180°. Depending on your application, the gripping arms are equipped with either: 1) hydraulic cylinders and linkage for rotation or 2) a Hydraulic Rotator. After rotation, products are immediately available for "yarding." Results include significant reductions in manufacturing area "clear-out" times as well as reduced product damage. The PWG is also available with rotation limited to only 90° (PWG-R Series for concrete pipe).
- Specifically designed for heavy-duty work in the concrete construction industry.
- Welded “structural-profile” construction using Light Weight, High Tensile Steel.
- High Strength-to-Weight Ratio.
- Fully hydraulic parallel opening range.
- Parallel clamping movement minimizes space required between pipes.
- Low-maintenance Polymer Slide Bearings.
- Polymer Slide Bearings come with a 3 year warranty.
- Products are rotated in a “raised” position eliminating damage to the joints.
- Large pressure pads reduce the pressure on the side wall.
- PWG can be suspended from an overhead crane or attached to a fork truck:
- Crane Mount: For use with overhead cranes, the PWG is fitted with an electro- hydraulic power pack mounted on top the clamp. The self-contained unit is ready for use after electrical connection (electrical connection supplied by user).
- Fork Truck Mount: For fork truck use, PWG is fitted with fork sleeves for easy attachment to the fork truck. Operation requires two (2) hydraulic circuits - one circuit to “clamp” and another circuit to rotate.